PAID – Casting Call for Austin, Texas HD Independent Short Film “Deported”
Production Title: Deported
Project Type: Short Film
Project Format: HD
Production Location: Austin, Texas
Shooting Schedule: 1 Day
Producer: Alex Armonta, Derek McDaniel
Writer: Derek McDaniel
Director: Alex Armonta
- ALEX (Caucasian Male, 20-30) is still mourning the loss of his good friend, Matt. He slowly transforms from mournful to sympathetic bystander as the circumstances of Matt’s murder are revealed to Alex.
- MICHELLE (Caucasian Female, 20-30) is supportive of Alex and sympathetic towards his loss, but she is totally unprepared for his “visions.” She does the best she can considering the circumstances.
- MATT (Caucasian Male, 20-30) is a seemingly nice guy to his friends, but the responsibility of running his recently deceased father’s bar has made him reckless as well as ruthless towards those who work for him.
- JOSE (Hispanic Male, 25-40) is quietly irritated by Matt – towing a fine line between “fuck this guy” and trying to stay calm and not mess things up for Felipe. Once it’s revealed that Felipe will be fired and deported, Jose takes matters in to his own hands to save Felipe.
- FELIPE (Hispanic Male, 25+) is the innocent employee of current bar owner MATT. Although he is doing nothing wrong, he is blamed for the money that is going missing from the bar. His job is threatened by deportation by Matt.
Other/Additional Compensation: Film Credit, DVD Copy
Meals/Lodging/Transportation Provided: Meals, Snacks and Beverages
*Email Your Casting Submissions To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Notes for Potential Cast/Crew: Please send me an email with your headshot and resume. I will get back to you with the audition scene. Thanks!
Audition Date: April 16, 2012
Audition Start Time: 07:00
Audition End Time: 08:00
Editor’s Note: This call has not been edited from its original submission. The formatting may have been amended slightly to meet our posting layout, but the content; the words, grammar, mechanics and all, has been posted as it was submitted to Short Film Texas. We believe the devil is in the details and the sub-text of a call, not just the text itself, can provide valuable insight into a film production and its filmmakers. We hope that this policy will help you in making your decision to submit to this call.
Are you a Texas filmmaker (yes, actors are filmmakers, too!)? Was this post helpful? Receive more posts like this via email and RSS to stay current with Texas casting calls, crew calls and Texas film news . Sign up for our newsletter and RSS feed.