Casting Call for Austin, Texas HD Independent Short Film “Lazarus, Cool Thy Tongue”
Production Title: Lazarus, Cool Thy Tongue
Project Type: Short Film
Project Format: HD
Production Location: Austin, Texas
Production Start Date: October 01, 2012
Shooting Schedule: 1-1/2 – 2 weeks
Production Wrap Date: November 31, 2012
Producer: Stephanie Martens, Carver Irish, Curtis B. Lokey
Writer: Carver Irish
Director: Carver Irish
Synopsis: A recently-executed and revived gangland snitch struggles with the sex workers of an illicit after hours massage parlor in order to obtain a baptism intended to save his soul from hell.
- Male, mid-30’s, thin, Italian-American, one-time sniveling gangland snitch turned holy vessel.
- Male, early 40’s, thin, Italian-American, veteran enforcer, articulate, introspective, and Shakespearean aspirations.
- Male, early 40’s, brutish, gruff, heavy-breather, Italian-American veteran enforcer. A lummox with brief periods of insight. Dumb though purposefully brighter than general audiences. Well-worn face used to various expressions.
- Male, mid-20’s, “blinged out”, Italian-American club kid-type goombah, naive, confidence and false-bravado turns into tears, vomiting, shaking, and sudden self-awareness.
- Female, mid-40’s, aging Asian stereotype, beauty with an air of proprietorship. Manager of an illicit mob-owned massage parlor, Rough Asian-English. Hard-nosed and quickly threatening. Frustrated with westerners.
- Female, mid-20’s, pregnant, blonde, pep squad-type who still carries fear, religious conviction, and compassion though working in an illicit mob-owned massage parlor. Tired though bubbly demeanor.
- Female, mid-20’s, first-time massage parlor new hire, ex-business-type, logical and well-adjusted though naive on what to expect at her new job. Rolls with the punches well. Not easily surprised. Excels in crisis situations.
- Female, mid-30’s, massage parlor veteran, haughty, crass, self-centered, proud, hostile, territorial and exploitative. Will fight man or woman at the drop of a hat. Easily swayed.
- Female, mid-30’s, brunette, girl-next door, massage parlor veteran, pragmatic, goes with the flow, there only to earn money. Sensible. Skeptical. Well-thought. Shocked out of her character.
Paid/Non-Paid: Paid, Deferred
Other/Additional Compensation: Film Credit
Meals/Lodging/Transportation Provided: Meals, Snacks and Beverages, Lodging
Production Company: Eat Politik LLC
Film/Production Company Website: www.facebook.com/msocialclub
*Email Your Casting Submissions To: email@example.com
Special Notes for Potential Cast/Crew: Additional Casting Calls are on Wed., July 18, Dougherty Arts Center, Austin, Tx- 6p-9p; Sat., July 21, A Premium Blend, School for Performing Arts, Georgetown, Tx: 10a-4p. Shooting will last one and a half to two weeks sometime between the beginning of October and end of November.
Audition Date: July 14, 2012
Audition Start Time: 10:00
Audition End Time: 02:00
Audition Location/Address: Dougherty Arts Center
Editor’s Note: This call has not been edited from its original submission. The formatting may have been amended slightly to meet our posting layout, but the content; the words, grammar, mechanics and all, has been posted as it was submitted to Short Film Texas. We believe the devil is in the details and the sub-text of a call, not just the text itself, can provide valuable insight into a film production and its filmmakers. We hope that this policy will help you in making your decision to submit to this call.
Are you a Texas filmmaker (yes, actors are filmmakers, too!)? Was this post helpful? Receive more posts like this via email and RSS to stay current with Texas casting calls, crew calls and Texas film news . Sign up for our newsletter and RSS feed.