Casting Call for Arlington, Texas HD Student Short Film “BLISS”
Production Title: BLISS
Project Type: Short Film
Project Format: HD
Production Location: Arlington, Texas
Production Start Date: April 07, 2012
Shooting Schedule: 2-3 Days
Production Wrap Date: April 08, 2012
Producer: Shane Land
Writer: Austin Morales
Director: Austin Morales
Synopsis: David, After the death of his wife Marry, doesn’t think he can fill the whole left by her and tries to keep his relationship with his son, Adam, from falling completely apart as his son battles him to change his life style and beliefs in the realm of food and health to fill the huge hole left by his mom.
- DAVID: Any Nationality, A Junior High School football Coach in his late 30\’s to early 40\’s. He is the typical sport’s loving American. He likes to sit down to a pizza and beer and enjoy a game. David stubbornly clings to his ideologies and refuses to budge whenever an issue involves to what he believes to be a matter of principle.
- ADAM: Any nationality, Junior high student in his mid teens who is into learning and exploring conspiracy theories. He questions everything and enjoys challenging everyone on the “norms” of American society. Adam also gets frustrated and angry when people stubbornly cling to these ideologies. He is also an activist who searches the internet for more questions and answers and goes to protest as much as humanly possible.
- MARY: Any nationality. A mother in her mid-thirties, who at heart, could be the definition of a hippie. If you saw her on the street you would know Mary is an avid activist. She loves to love. She is all about peace and happiness. Mary also meditates daily. Mary is very strong willed and will go to any length to stands up for what she believes in and this includes protesting any where at any time.
- LINDSEY: A Caucasian female in her late twenties to early thirties. Lindsey has been divorced for three years now and is looking to get back in the game. She can be a bit timid at times but has an all or nothing mentality when it comes to getting what she wants.
- 10 extras in their mid-teens (actually teenagers)
- 4 adult extras, any gender, Early 40′s to early 60′s
Other/Additional Compensation: Film Credit, DVD Copy
Meals/Lodging/Transportation Provided: Meals, Snacks and Beverages
Production Company: Infused Films
Film/Production Company Website: www.infusedfilms.com
*Email Your Casting Submissions To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Notes for Potential Cast/Crew: In the subject line, please put your name, followed by the name of the character you would like to audition for. Also in the body of the email please feel free to include links to your demo real or actors page. Will call or e-mail to set up audition time if interested. Will e-mail sides at that time as well. *REMEMBER:* _DO NOT_ submit if you can’t commit to the days and hours needed. You should make yourself available the _ENTIRE_ shoot day unless otherwise noted and should secure work coverage, babysitters, class absences, etc. ahead of time. Thanks and good luck. We’ll see you on set! Some people will not need to be on set for the the entire production. Schedules for shooting will vary day to day. We are flexible but we can only bend so far. So be ready to commit! Thanks
Audition Date: March 31, 2012
Audition Start Time: 02:30
Audition End Time: 04:30
Audition Location/Address: The Fine Arts Bulding. 700 Greek Row Dr University of Texas – Arlington, Arlington, TX 76010
Editor’s Note: This call has not been edited from its original submission. The formatting may have been amended slightly to meet our posting layout, but the content; the words, grammar, mechanics and all, has been posted as it was submitted to Short Film Texas. We believe the devil is in the details and the sub-text of a call, not just the text itself, can provide valuable insight into a film production and its filmmakers. We hope that this policy will help you in making your decision to submit to this call.
Are you a Texas filmmaker (yes, actors are filmmakers, too!)? Was this post helpful? Receive more posts like this via email and RSS to stay current with Texas casting calls, crew calls and Texas film news . Sign up for our newsletter and RSS feed.