Casting Call for Houston, Texas HD Independent Short Film “The Order of Things”
Production Title: The Order of Things
Project Type: Short Film
Other: Psychological Thriller
Project Format: HD
Production Location: Houston, Texas
Production Start Date: October 06, 2011
Shooting Schedule: 4 days
Production Wrap Date: October 09, 2011
Producer: Chris Spisak & José Andrés Cardona
Writer: Chris Spisak
Director: Chris Spisak
Additional Attached Cast/Crew: Director of Photography: José Andrés Cardona, Casting Directors: AnnMarie Giaquinto
Synopsis: Sebastian Kelly finds himself in a precarious position when he is dragged in for questioning with regard to a physical altercation with his girlfriend, Amy. While Sebastian insists that the two have made peace since the incident, an unconvinced Anthony Lorenzo presses onward with his interrogation, and Sebastian soon finds that more is riding on his responses than he ever could have imagined.
- Lorenzo – role to be played by Deke Anderson.
- Sebastian –Lead, Male, age range 30-40 – Remorseful about the incident but fierce in his own defense; aggravated by the nature of Lorenzo’s questions and insinuations.
- Amy-Supporting, Female, age range 30-40 – Her relationship with Sebastian is an emotional roller coaster: simultaneously adoring of his charm and terrified of his “darker” side.
- Ken Broussard– Supporting, Male, age range 30-40 – Sebastian’s co-worker; typical salesman: cocksure, condescending, etc.
- Waitress –Supporting, Female, age range 30-50 – Sassy and short with the customers, she’s clearly held this job for a very long time (perhaps too long).
Paid/Non-Paid: Paid, Non-Paid
Other/Additional Compensation: Film Credit, DVD Copy
Meals/Lodging/Transportation Provided: Meals, Snacks and Beverages
Production Company: KLOUD & Two 21 Entertainment
Film/Production Company Website: www.kloud.tv
*Email Your Casting Submissions To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Notes for Potential Cast/Crew: You MUST attach a resume, and a recent jpg photo (about 500kb or less, please) In your submission, please use the subject line “ROLE YOUR NAME” replacing “YOUR NAME” with your actual first and last name and “ROLE” with the role you want to audition for.
Audition Date: Week of August 29, 2011.
Editor’s Note: This call has not been edited from its original submission. The formatting may have been amended slightly to meet our posting layout, but the content; the words, grammar, mechanics and all, has been posted as it was submitted to Short Film Texas. We believe the devil is in the details and the sub-text of a call, not just the text itself, can provide valuable insight into a film production and its filmmakers. We hope that this policy will help you in making your decision to submit to this call.
Are you a Texas filmmaker (yes, actors are filmmakers, too!)? Was this post helpful? Receive more posts like this via email and RSS to stay current with Texas casting calls, crew calls and Texas film news . Sign up for our newsletter and RSS feed.