Casting and Crew Call for Austin, Texas HD Independent Short Film “Empty Miles”
Production Title: Empty Miles
Project Type: Short Film
Project Format: HD
Production Location: Austin, Texas
Production Start Date: December 28, 2011
Production Wrap Date: January 10, 2012
Producer: Jimmy Willden
Writer: Jimmy Willden
Director: Jimmy Willden
Additional Attached Cast/Crew: Greg Risley – Director of Photography
Synopsis: Disenchanted with his relationship and the current status of his life, Cameron steals his fiance’s car and hits the road with only one goal – to ESCAPE. Of course, he forgets one thing: Karma’s a bitch.
- CAMERON, GENDER: MALE. AGE: EARLY 30s Failed writer, Office Worker not happy with his life.
- ELLIE, GENDER: FEMALE, AGE: LATE 20s Used to be carefree and full of hope, now she’s basically become Cameron’s mother – making sure he stays on track. She doesn’t even know if she’s happy.
- CAMERON’S DAD, GENDER: MALE, AGE: LATE 50s – VOICE ONLY Gruff and straight forward. His way or no way. An old retired military man.
- STATE TROOPER, GENDER: MALE, AGE: LATE 30s Tall. Aviators. The uniform. The Car. It all makes up his assertive confidence. Without all of this, he’d be nothing.
- CASHIER, GENDER: MALE / FEMALE, AGE- LATE Teens, EARLY 20s. Country kid, awkward, pimply. Sarcastic.
Crew Positions Needed:
- ASST. Director (experience preferred)
- Script Supervisor (experience preferred)
- Art Director
- Make-up & Wardrobe
- Sound Recordist
- Boom Operator
Paid/Non-Paid: Non-Paid, Deferred
Other/Additional Compensation: Film Credit, DVD Copy
Meals/Lodging/Transportation Provided: Meals, Snacks and Beverages
Production Company: Born Ready Films
*Film/Production Company Website: http://emptymilesmovie.webs.com
*Email Your Casting Submissions To: email@example.com
Special Notes for Potential Cast/Crew: CAST – Reply to this casting call at the email listed, with the Character Name you wish to audition for as the SUBJECT, with attached headshot and resume. CREW – Reply to this crew call at the email listed, with the Crew Position you wish to apply for as the SUBJECT, and an attached resume.
Audition Date: December 10, 2011
Editor’s Note: This call has not been edited from its original submission. The formatting may have been amended slightly to meet our posting layout, but the content; the words, grammar, mechanics and all, has been posted as it was submitted to Short Film Texas. We believe the devil is in the details and the sub-text of a call, not just the text itself, can provide valuable insight into a film production and its filmmakers. We hope that this policy will help you in making your decision to submit to this call.
Are you a Texas filmmaker (yes, actors are filmmakers, too!)? Was this post helpful? Receive more posts like this via email and RSS to stay current with Texas casting calls, crew calls and Texas film news . Sign up for our newsletter and RSS feed.