Casting Call for San Antonio, Texas Comedia A Go-Go HD Independent Feature Film “Le Chusa Movie”
Production Title: Le Chusa Movie (Not Working Title)
Production Company: Comedia A Go-Go
Project Type: Feature Film
Project Format: HD
Production Location: San Antonio, Texas
Other/Additional Location(s): Natalia
Production Start Date: August 31, 2009
Shooting Schedule: 2 months
Production Wrap Date: October 31, 2009
Producer: Comedia A Go-Go
Writer: Comedia A Go-Go
Director: Comedia A Go-Go
Project revolves around 4 cousins in their late 20s and they’re experience with family, being Latinos, not speaking Spanish, and their unknowing family involvement in South Texas Occult folklore. One cousin is on his way to a job in Colorado and they all decide to visit their Grandmother’s grave in the Rio Grande Valley. On the way they uncover a family secret linking their family to witchcraft and black magic.
- Tio Lencho: A thin 35-40 year old Latino man. The character is broke and pathetic, yet charming and happy-go-lucky. A con-man mentality. Desired look, thin biker with tattoos and a mustache. Spanish speaking preferred, but not required.
- Tio Carlos: A heavy-set, 40-50 year old, clean-cut Latino man. Well kept, groomed, stern demeanor. Ex-military, intimidating. An aggressive family man, with a chip on his shoulder. Spanish speaking preferred, but not required.
- Tia Letty: A frail, 65+ year old Latina. Well-kept, materialistic, self absorbed. A show-off that tries to to look younger than she is. Brown eyed and Spanish speaking required.
- Tia Letty (young): Dark haired 18-24 year old Latina woman. Well kept. Brown eyes, Spanish speaking preferred, but not required.
- Le Chusa: A very thin, frail female model with brown eyes. Willing to have plaster cast of head made and able to have make-up application for numerous hours. Must be able to take direction and exude facial expressions through make-up. Open-minded.
- Pregnant girl: A young 18-24 year old Latina. Young, naive looking girl with not very many choices on what to do with her unborn child. Spanish speaking required.
- Drunk mother: 35-50 year old Latina. The kind of mother that probably was very attractive in her 20s till drugs and alcohol aged her. Willing to dress sexy and unflattering. Spanish speaking not required.
- Good Mother: A well kept Latina 25-50 years old. Respectable, nurturing, responsible. The oldest sister out of three.
- Child Actors: Any Latino boy age 6-12. Acting experience preferred.
- Cudanera Shop Owner: An elderly Latino man, that speaks broken English who owns a “witch-craft” shop in the valley. A grandfatherly character that has seen more in his life than he would like to admit.
August 02, 2009
Say Si Theater
1518 S Alamo St
San Antonio, TX 78204
12pm – 5pm
Other/Additional Compensation: Film Credit, DVD Copy
Meals/Lodging/Transportation Provided: Meals, Snacks and Beverages
*Email Your Casting Submissions To:
Please send headshots or inquire with any questions about the character you are interested in to email@example.com
Visit www.myspace.com/comediaagogo for videos.
Special Notes for Potential Cast/Crew:
We are a professional, independent, production company that takes this very seriously and will treat you with respect and hope that it is returned. We are Comedia A Go-Go, local sketch comedy troupe and production company. In regards to our resume, we have been performing comedy since 2001, creating over 300 live sketches ,over 75 fully produced video sketches, an award winning Public Access show, and multiple short film contest winning shorts through the Alamo Drafthouse’s Fantastic Fest. Most notably our short film “L.A.R.P.” won Fantastic Fest’s 2007 Bloodshots 48 hour horror film contest voted by none other than Robert Rodriguez himself.
Are you a Texas filmmaker (yes, actors are filmmakers, too!)? Was this post helpful? Receive more posts like this via email and RSS to stay current with Texas casting calls, crew calls and Texas film news . Sign up for our newsletter and RSS feed.